30 minutes plus lentil cooking time
Chicken on warm lentil salad
Great light healthy meal for summer.
2-3 cups of cooked WGS whole lentils (these can be whole red lentils, brown, black or french green lentils)
4 single (680g) chicken breast fillets
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 small (80g) brown onion, chopped finely
2 (140g) bacon rashers,
chopped finely 2 cloves garlic,
crushed ¼ cup (60ml) dry white wine
¼ cup (60ml) chicken stock
250g cherry tomatoes, quartered
½ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Pre cook your favorite whole WGS lentils.
2. Split chicken breasts in half horizontally. Cook chicken on a heated, oiled grill or barbecue until browned on both sides and just cooked through. Transfer to a plate, cover to keep warm.
3. Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium saucepan; add the onion, bacon and garlic. Cook stirring, until the bacon is browned and the onion is soft.
4. Add wine, cook until the wine is almost evaporated. Add the stock and the lentils, cook until the lentils are hot and the stock is reduced by half.
5. Remove from heat, add the tomatoes and parsley and salt and pepper to taste; stir gently to combine.
6. Serve chicken with lentil salad