Chickpea sprouts are great for salads and stir fry.
1/2 cup dried WGS Chickpeas
Water to cover
1. Rinse 1/2 cup of dried chickpeas and place in a wide-mouth container.
2. Cover chickpeas with water, then cover the container with cheese cloth or other mesh, secure with a rubber band or tape, and let soak for 24 hours.
3. Drain and rinse the chickpeas through the cloth, then drain again.
4. Store the jar out of direct sunlight at room temperature on top of a kitchen towel. Lay the jar on its side with the bottom propped up so that excess water drains onto towel.
5. Rinse and drain the chickpeas once every 8-12 hours for 36-48 hours (depending on how large you like your sprouts). The tails should be about 1/4 inch long.
6. Rinse and drain once more, and allow sprouted chickpeas to air dry.
7. To store, place in a container or plastic bag and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
(Makes 2 cups sprouts)