French Green Lentil Salad With a Hint of Chilli
A flavoursome salad with can be varied many ways.
100 grams WGS French Green Lentils
2 tblsps chopped parsley
1 red chilli
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
2 whole garlic cloves
4 handfuls rocket leaves (optional)
4 tblsps olive oil
4 tblsps semi dried tomatoes ( optional)
1 tblsp finely chopped shallot
150 grms feta cheese, crumbled
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves
1. Place lentils in a pan with the chilli, top removed, and the whole unpeeled garlic and cover with boiling water by 2 cms.
2. Bring to the boil, removing any scum from the surface, then simmer slowly for 20 minutes or until cooked. Remove and drain discarding the garlic and chilli of not wanted.
3. Pour half the oil into a fry pan with the shallots and chopped garlic and cook until soft.
4. Toss the lentils with the remaining oil, parsley, balsamic vinegar and the shallots and garlic from the pan with any remaining oil in the pan.
5. When the lentils are cool, combine with the rocket and tomatoes if using them and toss well. Check the seasoning.
6. Add the crumbled feta on top and sprinkle over the thyme if desired.
And lightly toasted walnuts also go well in this salad.