30 minutes plus cooking lentil time.
Lentils burgers are healthy and handy family meal to have on hand.
1-2 cups cooked WGS whole red, green or brown lentils.
1/2 cup (130g) low-fat plain yoghurt
1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
2 tbs tahini
1 cup cold mashed potato
41 tbs mild Indian curry paste
4 spring onions thinly sliced
1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
1 tbs vegetable oil
4 wholemeal buns
4 slices tomato
Snow pea shoots, to garnish
1. Pre prepare 1-2 cups of WGS lentils.
2. To make the dressing, place the yoghurt, lemon juice and tahini in a small bowl and stir to combine.
Season with salt and freshly ground pepper, then set aside.
3. Place the mashed potato, lentils, curry paste, spring onion, egg and breadcrumbs in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Use your hands to bring the mixture together.
4. Divide the mixture into 4 patties, using additional breadcrumbs to help shape the patties. Heat the oil in a large frypan and cook over medium heat.
5. Cook the patties for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden and warmed through.
7. Serve on wholemeal buns with tomato slices, snow peas and yoghurt dressing.