Pulse Raisers Carrot and Lentil Soup
A tasty soup on its own or as an entre
1 bunch coriander , roots attached
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 brown onion, finally chopped
1 tbsp. Moroccan seasoning
4 cups vegetable stock.
2 cups water
800 g carrots peeled cut
1 cup of WGS red lentils cooked
1/3 cup Greek style yoghurt
Persian feta to serve (optional)
1. Scrap outer skin from coriander roots. Remove roots and 2 cm of stork. Wash and chop finely. Set sprigs aside.
2. Heat oil in a large deep saucepan over a medium heat. Add onion and garlic, then cook for 4 minutes or until soft. Add coriander roots with seasoning . Stir until combined.
3. Add stock and water. Bring to boil.
4. Add carrot and lentils Return to the boil, then reduce heat to a low and simmer for 25 minutes. Or until carrots and lentils are tender.
5. Ladle soup into bowls and top with a dollop of yoghurt and reserve coriander sprigs.
6. Serve with fetta and falafel on the side (optional).