Pumpkin and Red Lentil Curry
If you love something with a little spice then you will love this !
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 brown onion, halved, thinly sliced 1
1/2 butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 1cm pieces (see note)
2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
400ml can coconut cream
1 cup dried WGS red lentils
1 tablespoon fish sauce
200g green beans, trimmed, cut into 2cm lengths
2 x 125g packets baby corn
6 cups steamed rice, (optional)
1 cup coriander sprigs and
12 pappadums, to serve (optional)
Note: You should have 3 cups pumpkin after it has been peeled and chopped.
1. Heat oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and pumpkin. Cook, stirring occasionally for 4 minutes or until light golden.
2. Stir in curry paste. Cook for 1 minute.
3. Add coconut cream, 2 cups cold water and lentils. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
4. Add fish sauce, green beans and baby corn. Simmer for a further 3 minutes or until vegetables are just tender.
5. Spoon curry over rice. Top with coriander and serve with pappadums.